Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Question for the JIB fans

  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Question for the JIB fans

    I thought the stadium improvements were a done deal. Thur's Cornfield says they are off for this year. You think the city schools are gonna get in with the rest in the consolidation issue? The story mentions a "not to exceed" figure and the estimates being a year and half old now. Just curious how you folks see things.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question for the JIB fans *DELETED*

    Post deleted by starbuck
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_sherk's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2005
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question for the JIB fans

    I thought that Norton became a City to keep the schools in Norton in place. I do not think they would ever give up their City status to become part of a consolidated school. That is just a rumor and not a very good one.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question for the JIB fans

    [ QUOTE ]
    could very well be as clear as was stated and the estimants were 1 1/2 years old and the cost have inflated since then and exceded what was approved for the stadium renovations.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yep, ask any surveyer, the price of building material has went up substantially.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question for the JIB fans

    There has been a lot of unforseen things too when they did the core and soil samples as well. There is a lot of rock underneath the existing bleachers and a natural spring on one side of the stadium, plus the outdated estimates didn't help. They will get it done just not in the time frame that everyone would like. I would like to see them just move the baseball field somewhere else and make the football field permanent and do something really nice with it.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Question for the JIB fans

    Pay attention- it is not a rumor. I asked a question. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] They would not have to give up their city status to join the county school system.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dogfacegremlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2005
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question for the JIB fans

    its weird how they said it was condemned and now they are able to use it?
    "I'm not here to be loved, I'm here to win."

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Question for the JIB fans

    Good point, be careful or they will think you are as crazy as I am. Weellll, maybe not that bad.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member LPD_spectator's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2003
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question for the JIB fans

    I had heard that, as it was said before, the engineering firm that was chosen was not prepared for the sub soil conditions and the core samples and it has been put off until next year.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question for the JIB fans

    Then when prices go up more next year, we can do it the next year [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •